Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekly Check in (5/26-6/1) [Recovery week]




Monday 5/26

Planned: (2 hr holiday ride-- switched with Wednesday's run)

Hills run: 10-15 min w.u.
1/4 mile hill repeats-- run fast down hill, focus on turnover, jog back up (20 mins)
15 min cd.

Completed: ~4 mi 

I was supposed to ride today, but due to my still-sore body from Saturday, and the fact that I was hosting a barbecue that afternoon, I decided to switch and do Wednesday's run instead. It was fine, I took it somewhat easy (per Coach Kathy's instructions after the wreck). Luckily for me, this is a recovery week.


Tuesday 5/27

Planned: 1 hr Masters swimming

Completed: About 2900 yards in 1 hr

We were supposed to be doing best stroke/worst stroke 100s and 50s (one of Andrew's staple workouts) but he told me that due to my bruising on my knees I shouldn't do breast, and my shoulders were too achy to do fly. Sigh. I taped up my fingers and they felt good enough to swim back and free, so even though those are my two best strokes I just alternated doing those. I felt pretty strong considering how I was supposed to be "taking it easy." Mostly I am just getting frustrated that my minor accident appeared to injure me more than I had realized at the time.


Wednesday 5/28

Planned: 120 min ride

Completed: 60 min on trainer

This was sort of a fail. I couldn't ride outside even though it's beautiful out because my new contacts haven't come in. I know, seems like a lame excuse, but there's not really much I can do about it since I have pretty bad eyesight and I only have regular glasses, no prescription sunglasses. Sigh. So I just did the trainer for an hour because I started so late that I couldn't get two hours in. That's supposed to be like 80 mins outside, right?


Thursday 5/29

Planned/completed:  Masters swim team 1 hr

Nothing special. Did about 5 x 300 pull total, plus other stuff.


Friday, 5/30

REST DAY

I blinked twice when I saw there was a planned rest day on my schedule. I'll take it.


Saturday, 5/31

Planned: 1.5-2 hr recovery ride

Completed: 28 mi in 2 h 5 min, plus 15 min brick and abs

Okay, so I did more than I was supposed to, technically, but I wanted to try climbing Bear Creek. The ride itself was mostly pretty slow, too, because that trail is so curvy/windy. It was a gorgeous day out though and the climb wasn't too bad. I thought I'd tack on a short brick run since last week's brick got cut due to my wreck.

Sunday, 6/1

Planned: 6 mi recovery run EASY

Completed:  6 mi in 1:05 

Pretty slow, but then that was supposed to be the point of this kind of run, right? There's also something to be said for getting up earlier. I ran in the heat of the day which was a pretty big mistake, and I got pretty dehydrated. Note to self: just because you're not training in DC anymore doesn't mean it's still not pretty damn hot in the middle of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment