Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day!



Four years ago, I would probably never have imagined that I would have completed a marathon, several half marathons, and several triathlons including a half ironman. Back then, I could barely run three or four miles. I'm so grateful that I became part of the community and that I have been able to learn how to love-- truly, LOVE-- running.

Today is National Running Day, which is a celebration of the community of runners in the U.S. So get out there and go for a run! I'm going to be doing track with my team tonight :)

What if you're not a runner, though, and you wouldn't know where to start? No problem. Believe me, I used to hate running. It can seem very daunting, but it's much easier once you break it down a bit.

If you feel like trying, just put on your most comfortable shoes and a watch if you have one and go to a park. Jog for a minute, and walk for five. If that seems easy, jog for two and walk for five. If you can repeat that a few times, you've probably gone a mile! You can build up to more, too.

Happy Running Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment